Friday, March 5, 2010

Learning To Be A Master Juggler

"Gaurd well your spare moments. They are like uncut dimonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life" - Ralph Waldo Emerson


Most days my heart and ambitions are impossible to ignore.  They control me and responding to them is not a question, rather it's like a child crying, it can't be ignored.  Every day for the past month I have followed an ambition and I have followed it well; I have followed it along with being a mother, a wife, and  a teacher.  And because my life is made up of multiple layers, and my mother raised me to be a responsible adult, my other roles always take precedence.  Mentally this is very difficult for me some days, and if we go back to the crying baby anology, truly it is like a baby is crying and not just any baby but my beloved baby, and to help her I first must run through an obstacle course full of absurd hurtles only to fall through a trap door, finding myself back at the beginning.  Some days are like this and in those days I feel very disheartened.  


Other days, days like yesterday, I feel like a master juggler.  I'm able to skillfully and swiftly manage all of my daily duties, never letting a ball drop.  I love these days because I get a perfect taste of all the things I love and at the end of the day there's something to show for: a nice dinner with my husband, a clean house, a finished sewing project, and quality time spent with my darling daughter.  


Here are a few pictures from yesterday...









(Note: Tutorial on how to make this adorable bag will be coming soon)





And so this morning, I sit in bed having started my days work at 5 a.m., playing with my baby girl who should be sleeping, eating a breakfast brought to me by my wonderfully supportive husband, and I wonder, will I be able to juggle it all today?!


(Note:  The quote used in today's blog entry was shared by my sister-in-law and in the moment I received it, I felt so encouraged.  This quote is what inspired today's post.  Thanks again Kristi!  I appreciate the support and encouragement I receive from you and Kristin every week.  Often it's comments like yours that inspire me to keep writing.  Thanks again!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails