Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Friendly Bug



This little guy was hanging out in my garden beds yesterday while I was planting cold crop seeds.  I must add a random comment here and say the weather was absolutely spectacular yesterday!!!  

Instantly this beetle had my attention.  He kept following me around, almost like he was trying to talk with me.  I couldn't stop looking at him.  Is he a friend?  Is he a he?  Maybe we should avoid that question and keep this pg rated.  Anyway, my main concern was whether or not he was going to eat all my seedlings once they come up.  Look at those pinchers.  Nah, he seemed too nice.  I bet he eats other bad bugs, mice, cats, maybe small dogs.  What do you think?

I absolutely love bugs these days and find myself wanting to sew them on anything and everything.  






And it looks like I'm not the only one loving bugs these days.  I stumbled across a new graphic design artist today.  She is selling these cute lavendar bags on Etsy.

  
What do you think?  Should bugs be allowed to hang out in the sewing room?  Or just the garden?

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Kate still loves her bug dress (Ethan loves his shirt too). It's a great dress because it was wonderful for winter, but she will still be able to wear it this spring.

Also, I can't wait to get my bag after this weekend! I am going to be so cool carrying that thing around.

Have fun w/ Gabe and Karen.

Angela Flicker: The Art of Making a House a Home in Utah said...

You didn't hear? Gabe and Karen aren't coming till next weekend. Oh man, you'll have to wait another week. We should have just given the post office some business and mailed it, lol. Can't wait to see you over Easter.

Showpony said...

Thanks so much for the mention. I think (hope) its ok to have a slightly unhealthy obsession with bugs. I have them on quite a few of my products now. I wonder if its because I'm actually a bit terrified of them in real life. Perhaps I have issues.

Angela Flicker: The Art of Making a House a Home in Utah said...

Maybe that's why I'm obsessed with them too. I have always had a fear of bugs, much worse when I was a child. And making them out of pretty fabric makes them, well, not so scary.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails