Thursday, February 18, 2010

Saying Good-Bye to Our Beloved Charley Harper Quilt


Well, it's official, Monet and I have decided to say good-bye to our beloved Charley Harper, applique quilt for a short while. A local fabric shop called Pipers has offered to sell my first pattern. Is it official? Does this make me a designer? While I certainly don't think that's the case quite yet, I must admit I like how that sounds.

This idea has been in the works for a short time now. You can link back to where I originally wrote about this dilemma concerning the quilt inspired by Charley Harper. Jeannette, the owner of Piper's Quilts and Comforts, has come up with a great idea. We are going to sell a Charley Harper coloring book along with my pattern. I'm not going to include Charley's images in the pattern, instead I'm going to put the coloring book under the list of materials. Then people can create the applique images using the coloring book that they purchase. I feel good about this. We are then giving credit where credit is due, while still being able to share this wonderful quilt with the world.



What do you all think? Does this seem fair?

Well, I really should go. I have my first pattern to start making.

2 comments:

Carrie Lee said...

What a wonderful idea! I think you have done an excellent job that Charlie Harper would be flattered by! And yes.... you are a designer.

One of my favorite sayings is...
'I am nothing... if not a part of everything that has ever inspired me.'
xoxo
Carrie

Run Lori Run said...

Good idea and beautiful quilt! We actually have this coloring book and his images are beautiful. I'd be interested in your pattern when they're complete!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails